BacFree 1.0: Antimicrobial Coating System
BacFree 1.0 is effective against many different bacteria and fungi, proven by independent tests at reputable institutes (e.g. Fraunhofer Institute).
The antibacterial BacFree coating is based on the Smart Coating technology developed by NanoCraft. This creates an antibacterial barrier on solid surfaces.
Due to the Smart Coating technology used, surfaces made of wood, metals, alloys or composites can be coated with BacFree 1.0 – only a clean and wettable surface is required. After a short drying time, the antibacterial properties of BacFree 1.0 are immediately apparent on the surface. BacFree 1.0 can also provide surface protection for your materials.
BacFree 1.0 can be used in both spray and dipping processes. This allows layer thicknesses of 200 nanometers (0.2 µm) up to several micrometers (µm) to be adjusted.
Properties of BacFree 1.0:
- No metals (silver, copper etc.) or biocides are the active ingredients.
- Multi-resistant germs (MRSA) are destroyed (>99.9%)
- Effective against bacteria and fungi
- Killing of microorganisms within the first few minutes
- No light source necessary to achieve the effect
- parallel surface protection (e.g. corrosion protection)
- long service life
- Variable layer thicknesses (0.2 µm to several µm)
- Self-regenerating after cleaning
- Development in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Process Engineering and Packaging
- Conforms to RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC
- No dangerous product within the meaning of Directive 67/548/EEC
- Meets the Japanese standard for antibacterial substances according to DIN JIZ 2801
- Meets the German standard for antibacterial substances according to DIN EN ISO20743